Online teaching is becoming more and more common these days. Modern technology makes it possible for online teachers to share their knowledge with similar levels of quality as teachers in a classroom setting. It may even allow for more personalized learning for the child, and more children reached!
Now, teachers and tutors have a wide range of online opportunities to choose from. If you want to have a rest from a daily commute, get additional income, or want to travel and work, then online teaching could be the right choice for you.
Let’s learn more about teaching online and explore an opportunity to teach from the comfort of your home or really, just about anywhere
How to be a successful online teacher?
There are many similarities with being a classroom teacher, a tutor and online teacher. Many of the best practices teachers use in their classroom will apply to being an online teacher too. Some are also unique to online teaching. Here are some of tips for being a successful online teacher:
- Be prepared: Teachers take their preparation seriously, and online teachers do too. Knowing the lesson, content and learning goals ahead of time is critical, as well as knowing the student. Some online teaching experiences involve several students, and some are one-to-one experiences. Knowing students’ strengths and areas for improvement help teachers adjust the lesson and styles to students’ learning needs. The innovations around online teaching may allow teachers to more easily track student needs and progress and help teachers better target lessons to students’ learning goals too.
- Have Props: This is helpful across most, if not all, subjects, and especially needed in teaching English online. If a student doesn’t yet know a word or phrase, having props (or being able to act out vocabulary and scenarios) provide another way for children to connect with the learning. Having print outs and objects can help make the experience come to life, especially when communicating across a screen. Having a whiteboard handy to write and draw on is always helpful too.
- Have a good connection: A good connection applies to both knowing your student and having a positive relationship with them, but also, to your internet! Making sure your internet connection is stable for each class is important, otherwise, it can be very frustrating for both you and your student as you try to communicate.
What is VIPKid?
VIPKid connects children in China with the world’s best teachers for real-time one-to-one online English immersion learning. A global education company, our mission is to inspire and empower every child for the future.
VIPKid offers a variety of benefits:
- Flexibility with no commute, no minimum hours and the ability to set your own schedule
- Curriculum provided with convenient access to pre-made lesson plans
- Competitive pay with opportunities to earn additional rewards and income
- Free workshops and opportunities for additional leadership and learning, including leading and attending local events and conferences
- One-on-one classes to ensure 100% of each student’s needs are met using an interactive platform
- An amazing community of 60,000 teachers and growing
Learn more about VIPKid and how to apply:
- Use this link for WGU students and alumni: https://www.vipkidteachers.com?partnerId=15506118
- For frequently asked questions, go to: https://www.vipkidteachers.com/faq? or contact VIPKid at firstname.lastname@example.org for further inquiries.