The WGU Career & Professional Development Twitter account (@Owls2Work) premiered a few months ago and we are excited to increase our number of WGU student and alumni followers. Here are 6 reasons why you should follow us!
- We share cool, relevant information related to career development and job searching. From articles related to career motivation and networking, to links to virtual career fairs and resume writing tips, we tweet quality content from sources you can trust.
- We have lists. If you’re new to Twitter and not sure who to follow, you can subscribe to one of our pre-made lists, which will instantly provide you access to a handful of industry experts in your field. We offer a list for each college: Business, Health Professions, Information Technology, Teachers College. Simply go to our Twitter homepage (after you’ve logged in to your account), find our “Lists” section, and subscribe to those that interest you.
- Stay up to date on Career & Professional Development events. As WGU students and alumni, you have access to all of the services we provide. Twitter will help you stay informed of what we have to offer. We tweet our calendar of events and post reminders of upcoming webinars.
- We have even more lists. Are you currently job searching or interested in career advice? We have two additional lists of Twitter profiles that you can subscribe to and instantly have access to some of the most popular job searching and career advice Tweeters.
- We follow back! We always “follow back” WGU students and alumni.
- We want to hear from you. We would love it if you tweet us related content that we can share. Tell us about your career adventures and job search successes. Similarly, you could provide great advice and tips to your WGU peers on career development and job searching.
Even if you don’t have a Twitter account yet, you can still check us out on Twitter. Also remember that the WGU Career & Professional Development is able to help you make the most of your social network profiles in relation to your professional image and job searching. Check out the resources on our Social Media section of our website. We hope to see you soon in the Twittersphere!